Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello Transcriptionists!

I am a medical transcriptionist. I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1990. In addition to transcribing, I have worked as editor and trainer at all levels. Please read My Story. I am a medical transcriptionist.  


I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1990.  In addition to transcribing, I have worked as editor and trainer at all levels.  Please read My Story.

This site was designed to assist new and experienced medical transcriptionists to develop and enhance skills.  It is also a place for potential medical transcriptionists to get acquainted with the field.  There is no question that practice is the key to success in medical transcription.  There are just so many different arenas for medical transcription - hospitals, clinics, physician offices, rehabilitation programs, and more - and so many different specialties - that it is impossible for any transcriptionist to know it all!  Additionally, there are always new drugs, new procedures, new tools, and new words to describe it all.

I have a huge collection of voice files (dictations).  From this collection, I have assembled CD's containing digital files and these CD's are available for practice.  All of the digital files have been transcribed and the transcripts are included on each CD as answer keys.  You will find bonus features on some of the CD's to assist with transcribing the included files.  These voice files come from personal experience.  They reflect the real medical transcription world.  They contain a variety of voices, dialects, accents, and distractions.  Some are easy to understand, others not.  It's the real world of medical transcription.

Also available are digital files that I call ePractice files. These files are available for download today. Each dictation file comes with the answer key.

Specialized ebooks are available for download. These ebooks are designed to assist with setting up the tools required to transcribe with more accuracy and efficiency. Helping medical transcriptionists to be more productive is the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment